Product design typically means the process of an effective generation and evolution of ideas which leads to the invention of new advanced industrial products. Those who are engaged in Patent Idea conceptualize certain ideas and make them tangible by inventing new products by way of a systematic approach. Today, there are many digital tools that enable these industrial designers to communicate, conceptualize, and then evaluate concepts in a much easier and quicker way. Although product design and industrial design are often used interchangeably, it basically refers to the process that helps attribute an artistic form and function in any craft design when mass production of goods occur.
Steps Involved in Product Design:
* First analyze the issue at hand without taking into consideration the solutions. Writing down the problem is the simplest way to get down to designing a solution for it.
* Write down all of the requirements required for creating a product. These may include the list price, the object size, features of the product under consideration (like whether it must be waterproof or whether it must have to have batteries to work, and so forth). This list helps the industrial designers to generate new ideas for these products.
* Brainstorming session follows where ideas are sketched out and elaborated upon. The drawings may not be perfect. They are only created to investigate the designs for any flaws. The industrial designers at this point communicate with their customers to go over ideas and you also may not sign an agreement together for such services rendered.
* When a great idea evolves, you need to discuss it in details with the product design team. The industrial designers usually create a three-dimensional design on computers which shows the style in details. At this time, the thought is either accepted or rejected.
* When the concept has become finalized, the industrial designers next create three-dimensional types of all component parts, elaborate on design problems, make drawings for assembly of each and every part, and locate suppliers for the purchased components.
* Finally, the product design is put through testing where the product may be delivered to few clients for feedback or even to a laboratory for professional testing. Ideally, those not a part of the process should be asked to test the Inventor Ideas to render a neutral opinion.
* Ultimately, the style once approved is sent for manufacturing in facilities based on your industrial designers.
Industrial design is basically a blend of applied art and sciences wherein the usability of products, ergonomics of employing them, and their aesthetics can be enhanced to improve sales. The industrial designers seek to generate and execute solutions for marketing and brand-development purposes by working on the form and usability of certain products. When you design a whole new invention, it is an eureka moment of all time since it is possibly the most ingenious and rewarding ways to generate money. Designing inventions mean finding a niche or discovering a requirement – developing something to help make human lives better and qualitatively superior. Product design companies are here for that reason to turn something like an abstract notion right into a real item to use. This prototype next gets designed through industrial design processes to really make it both durable and logical.
An invention can only be patented if it doesn’t contain any area of the previously patented technology and meet certain uniqueness standards. To locate in case your invention is already known or not, prior art search is conducted. The innovator can do prior art search on his/her own, or hire an expert for this purpose.
What is prior art search?
Prior art search can be described as collecting information about the technologies linked to the invention. It’s main objective is always to know whether or not the invention is patentable or not. Causes of prior art search include previous patents, filed patents, scientific reports, research papers, textbooks, newspapers, journals, and internet publications. There are many inventions which are never utilized in goods and services, and these also need to be considered through the patent filing process. On the internet, a wide range of tools can be purchased that can enable you to conduct an effective prior art search.
Prior art search can provide details about previous inventions inside the field, new services and products, etc. It prevents reinventing the already existing inventions. With this particular, the R & D department can know the already existing technologies, and concentrate the activities, processes, and tasks to innovate them or investigate the brand new ones.
Know the marketplace well before conducting prior art search
The key objective is to get the invention patented with broadest possible claims. Prior art search collects existing knowledge inside the fields that belong to the invention. But, this is not enough. You ought to know the market and corporations which can be already working on the technologies the invention is situated, that will help in choosing the right areas for R & D.
Patent filing is actually a broad process, along with a little wrong move can convert right into a big mistake. Thus, from Make A New Invention, each step ought to be put wisely. Before choosing prior art search, you should know the markets by which ubqxzy invention can bring revolution in, current market trends to pay attention to, activities of competitors, etc. Each one of these details can be obtained through researching the market. Thus, it is recommended to conduct a consumer research first to know the technologies trending on the market.